The Vision Initiative website has been developed in accordance with best practice and to meet internationally recognised accessibility standards, namely the "A” and "AA" WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Group) rating as defined by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium), the international web standards body.
A number of features to better facilitate use and control of the website are detailed below.
The site uses text size controls to provide easier readability.
- To increase text size, click on the increase font + button in the upper menu at the top of the screen until the desired size is achieved.
- To decrease text size, click on the decrease font - button in the upper menu at the top of the screen until the desired size is achieved.
Text only version
For maximum accessibility, a text only version of the site has been provided. This version has no images, is high contrast, loads more quickly, and is optimized for screen readers.
- To switch to the text only version, click on "text version" in the menu on the top of the screen (third button from the left).
- To switch back to the default site, click on "default site" in the menu on the top of the screen (third button from the left).
Skip to content
To enable better usability for screen readers, a "skip to content" control is located on every page of the main site.
- To skip to content, click on "skip to content" in the upper right menu.
- or use access key Alt + 2
The Vision Initiative website meets the WCAG requirements for colour contrast and luminosity.
All links that leave this site will either be in URL format (www.mysite.com.au) or will state that it is an external link. Vision Initiative hold no responsibility for externally linked content. We cannot guarantee that content outside of the Vision Initiative site will be accessible.