The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and Networking Health Victoria welcome GPs to an education session on eye and ENT emergencies on Wednesday 28 May 2014 at 7.00pm.
Date: Wednesday 28 May 2014
Time: 7.00pm – 9pm (Light refreshments from 6.30pm)
Venue: Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Lucy Jones Hall (entrance off 428 Albert St, cnr Morrison Pl), Gisborne Street, East Melbourne.
Parking: unrestricted parking on Albert St, Victoria Parade and Gisborne St after 6.30 pm, or Wilson Carpark at 410 Albert St. ($14.00 with staff discount; tickets can be validated on the night)
- Dr Xavier Fagan – Consultant Ophthalmologist, RVEEH, & Clinical Lecturer, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Upasna Pratap – ENT Fellow, RVEEH, & ENT Consultant, Alfred Hospital.
- differential diagnosis of the red eye and management
- minor procedures in ophthalmology- eg corneal foreign body removal, chalazion
- ocular examination review
- epistaxis- GP management, instructions for patients
- the discharging ear- is it OM with perforation or OE? How to manage it in general practice?
- ear wax- how to manage it? When not to syringe? Pitfalls
- handy hints for ENT referrals – how to get your patient seen sooner 4
Category 2 RACGP QI&CPD points have been applied for.
For more information and to register your attendance, please: